Sunday, February 8, 2009

Registration Issues

These are some issues that we need to tackle.

1) We need an address for "Place of Business", it is defined in the Societies Act as the place where the records and books of accounts of a society are kept. I infer that it is more symbolical then actual. It must not be one of the following.
(a) HDB flat
(b) PO Box
(c) Undeveloped sites, eg. Mukim Lot 8
(d) Mobile premises, eg. Containers
(e) Unofficial addresses, eg. Rooftops, void decks
(f) Public places, eg. hawker stalls/stores
The only place I can think of now is a private housing or condo. Can alumni ask around who is willing to lend this address?

2) We need alumni who knows how to do auditing to help us submit our annual auditing statement. I believe that the auditing requirement is similar to local universities societies which are also registered as a offical group. We do not need a certified public auditor to complete this.

No comments:

Post a Comment